The original Moka Express was created in 1933. Today it is one of the most recognised and sought after homestyle machine, becoming a daily ritual of coffee making for many.
Made of aluminum with the iconic Mr Bialetti on the side.
1 Cup - Approx Dimensions: 13cm H x7.1cm Base
2 Cup - Approx Dimensions: 14cm H x 8cm Base
3 Cup - Approx Dimensions: 15.5cm H x 9cm Base
6 Cup - Approx Dimensions: 20.5cm H x 10.5cm Base
9 Cup - Approx Dimensions: 24.5cm H x 11.5cm Base
12 Cup - Approx Dimensions: 28.5cm H x 13.5cm Base
18 Cup - Approx Dimensions: 31cm H x 13.5cm Base
Before first use
- Remove all labels and packaging
- Hand wash all parts with warm water.
- Rinse all parts thoroughly to remove any soap residue.
- Make 2-3 pots of coffee to season the pot.
- Fill the lower chamber with cold water just below the valve.
- Insert the funnel and fill it with ground espresso (do not tamp). Remove any coffee grounds on the edge of the funnel
- Tightly screw the upper part of the pot on to the base. Avoid using the handle for leverage.
- Select burner size to fit the bottom of the pot. For gas stovetop, make sure the flame is not larger than the bottom of the pot. The flame should not come around the sides of the pot.
- Place pot on the stovetop until the water boils and coffee begins to come out of the center post. There will be a gurgling sound during this process.
- When the top of the pot is full of coffee, remove from stove. Hazel brown foam appears just seconds before the coffee is completely done.
- Before pouring coffee, stir it in the upper chamber with a small spoon to equalize all the different coffee layers for optimum flavour.
- Wash by hand with warm water.
- Dry thoroughly with towel.
- Do not reassemble the product until all parts are completely dry to avoid oxidation.
- Do not use soap or detergent.
- Do not use in dishwasher.
- Do not use steel wool or other abrasive products
N.B Always store parts separately when not in use. For spare parts please contact us.